What is a Chemical Peel
Chemicals peels are types of procedures for cosmetic treatments. These can be applied to the face, neck, and hands. The purpose of chemical peel is to improve the feel of the skin. It enhances the outlook of the skin.
Procedure for Chemical Peel
Chemicals peels are of three categories depending upon the extent of the treatment. A deep peel may require a surgical room. Before starting the procedure, you are required to tie back your hair. The skin is cleaned, and the eyes will be protected with the help of safety goggles or gauze.
The area for a chemical peel is numbed with the help of anesthesia.
1. Light Peel – a cotton ball soaked in chemical is applied to the area. The skin will whiten. The person may feel stung on the skin. After a specified duration, the chemical is removed with the help of a neutralizing solution. Chemical used in this peel is salicylic acid
2. Medium Peel – After the chemical is applied in the same manner as in the light peel. After the skin whitens, a cold compress is placed on the skin. Burning is felt for twenty minutes. The chemical is not removed. However, a handheld fan is given to cool the skin. Chemicals used in this peel include glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid. The blue color is added to the chemical in this case, which is called the blue peel.
3. Deep Peel – The procedure is an extensive one. That is why the patient is sedated in this situation. Phenol is applied to the skin, and the procedure remains the same for a deep peel. The procedure is done in 15 minutes break up. It limits the exposure of skin to the acid.
Results of the treatment
The results of the procedure are observed after a few days. The skin may be swollen. The formation of crusts and brown patches are also commonly observed after the treatment. All of this subsides after new skin begins to appear on the surface. For chemical peel, the recovery period is required.
Who Should Get Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are used to get rid of several flaws in the skin. The following may gain the most advantage out of chemical peel procedures
- People with wrinkles on the skin
- People with sun-damaged skin
- People with scars due to acne
- People with hyperpigmented skin
- People with melisma
- People with uneven skin tone
Benefits of Chemical Peel
- Improvement in the color of skin, tone of skin, and texture.
- It helps in the formation of new skin cells that gives a radiant look.
- It helps in the reduction of discoloration of the skin.
- It helps to get rid of acne scars and breakouts.
- It helps to get rid of aging marks on the skin.
- Increases hydration of the skin.
Chemical peels are effective in improving the overall look of the skin. It has numerous benefits and addresses almost all of the issues of the skin. However, it should only be performed by a specialist. Before undergoing the treatment, one should go through the risks and side effects so that they can be prepared.
Price $99–$299 per procedure